- Clean data on site
- Get site certificate to stop warning message when downloading client
- Finish explanation on how to use client on the site.
- Fix bug that stops client working with JRE 1.6_02 (works with 1.6_02)
Friday, August 31, 2007
Tuesday, August 21, 2007
I found this very interesting.
In the end users will make their own networks (friend to friend). These networks will be private and free.
Monday, August 13, 2007
1. Testing has stopped on TCP NAT traversal due to Casper having to move City. Looking to re-start soon. A real pity as we were very close to completing project. C'est la vie - Suppose there is more to life than hacking code.
2. Web Gui to have three parts:
- Search form (done)
- Search results page and link to queue item for download (partly done)
- Download queue page with progress indicator and link to open downloaded file
3. The completed kerjodando p2p will closely resemble the old Audiogalaxy website:
- Web based interface
- Queue files for later delivery and
- Full parsing of mp3 meta data.
Monday, August 06, 2007
Firewall hole punching implemented.
Now testing step by step.
So sometimes the test group http://www.itsdargens.com/swarm/show_one/86d1cca8104f981648eb1b1d0f0f3a39
might produce unexpected results.
Please try it we need more testers.
Thursday, August 02, 2007
Let's be clear about this.
kerjodando p2p is an autonomous anonymous file sharing application.
To join the kerjodando network users bootstrap on to it using the www.itsDargens.com bootstapping service.
The bootstrapping service provides:
- a list of available public groups (private group details are only available from private user directly)
-a downloadable small java p2p application
-the ip address (uri) of other users in their group
-a blocking list to prevent non-group users connecting to group and
-a NAT traversal service so the two firewalled users can connect.
In computing, bootstrapping refers to a process where a simple system activates another more complicated system that serves the same purpose. It is a solution to the Chicken-and-egg problem of starting a certain system without the system already functioning.
An anonymous P2P computer network is a particular type of peer-to-peer network in which the users and their nodes are pseudonymous by default. The primary difference between regular and anonymous networks is in the routing method of their respective network architectures.