After a lot of stopping and starting and mis-communication between me and my developer (a java expert).
We have decided to reduce the scale of this phase so as to meet the Halloween deadline.
The tracker is now going to be done in server-side code on tomcat.
Ruby on Rails website has now been delayed to next phase.
Also, the project team is now three as we have been joined by a Style, Art and Editorial Director, Trine (from Norway) adding to the currrent team of me, Project Production Manager (from Jamaica) and Vicent, Project Developer (from China).
Here in the Developer's words is how the tracker works,
Proposed Ruby on Rails (RoR) Website before it was delayed:
Core website: I set up 3 tables, called users, catelogs, swarms.
Users is used to record a user's connection.
Swarms is used to save swarm information (including corresponding catelog_id and last-time connect in seconds).
I have tell you that because of the deadline is closer, so I just use java to work now, later, I wanna use RoR totally instead of tomcat.
This why I use java to output the ipiflter.dat.
When user download the ipfilter.dat, such as http://*********.com/5/ipfilter
When I gather their ip addressess, I output the ip addresses as a file called ipfilter.dat to user for their download.
See picture above.